onsdag 27 mars 2013

Fixing dbus related problems in jack [Solved] :)

I finally found it! I had a lots of annoying problems with jack (the performance audio system for linux) when it had crashed. It did not want to start again. The only informative i found in the error message was that there was some problem with the "dbus" (I still don't know what the dbus is doing, but it must be something important). Then i found this article.

The solution was so simple: you just go

killall -9 jackdbus

in your terminal and then its only to restart the jack daemon again. Perfect

--Edit a bit later--

Okay, that was not the solution to everything apparently. After a while the sound stopped work any way (for all other programs than jack-programs). So i wanted to restart the audio in some way. I found this article. Naming a way to find witch programs that used the audio:


lsof | grep pcm


Witch listed all programs using the audio. To my surprise it was jackd. (I didn't think i had started it at all!) so i just did

killall jackd

And everything worked again. Magic!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar