måndag 7 oktober 2013

Archlinux

My first try to install archlinux. (On virtual box)

This is problems I came across

Keyboard layout:

Since i use the swedish-dvorak layout-that was the first thing I had to get fixed...

The archwiki had instructions to change the layout... locked at that.. Seems like the dvorak layout is installed by deafult

localectl list-keymaps
...

localectl set-keymap --no-convert dvorak-sv-a5

...seems to do kind of the job.. not the same layout for special characters as i am used to but it will work..

in the beginning it looks like you can do 
loadkeys layout


Changing keyboardlayout in x
setxkb -layout se -variant dvorak

then change the xorg.conf (add)

Mounting disk

(assuming the disks are already formated in some fancy fashion) 
In order to install you must mount the hard drive


Working network in fresh install

For some reason my network didn't seem to work on the fresh install. I found this page with the solution in the end. Just run
dhcpcd
and it worked 

Sudo

To be able to install programs with your user it can be convenient to install sudo.

first: $pacman -S sudo

$export VISUAL=   (standard is vi)

use $visudo

add 
ALL = (ALL) ALL

somwhere or

% ALL = (ALL) ALL

Miscellaneous

autocompletion: bash-autocompleton

 

... For this time i gave up... I couldn't get the wireless card to work on my laptop, and on my raspberry pi complation took to much time or did not work at all. I learned a lot about how linux works however so I recomend anybody interested to do the same journey. I have allready used my knowledge on my debian-based linux computers.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar