söndag 21 juli 2013

How I finally managed to install jack on my raspberry pi


To make jack audio work on the raspberry pi you need to have a patched version of jack audio installed. On the linux audio page there was some information of how to add repository lists. How ever i never succeeded to install those, but found on link to deb-files to the patched versions of jackd and libjack2.

Since i already had jackd and libjack installed i used

dpkg -r --force-depends jackd libjack0

to remove the version of jack I already had installed, without removing programs depending on jack, followed by

dpkg -i *.deb
sudo apt-get -f install


And at last.. The command that finally got jack running on my usb-card for me was : jackd -P84 -p8 -t3500 -d alsa -dhw:Set -p128 -n3 -r48000 -s &



Of course that was before i killed my raspberry by plugging in to much stuff in the usb-port and installing packages at the same time.. 

-- note: --
As an alternative i found that using the oss emulation was not that bad for ordinary synths, as amsynth. Before i got jack up and running I used this method temporarily. Now when I know how to get jack running i hope i will not have to use it again, but here it is for reference usage:

The natural alternative was portaudio, but after some research i found out that more synths were made to rely solely on jack or oss (/dev/dsp). So I decided to install the oss compatibility layer for alsa.

sudo apt-get install alsa-oss
sudo modprobe snd_pcm_oss


the "modprobe" part makes the /dev/dsp file appear, and can be inserted into /etc/rc.local to have it loaded on startup



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar